Saturday, October 24, 2009

Horror@Downtown East

Yesterday was a terrible, terrible day.
Au horror it was for me!

It's supposed to "Destress using the weekend" for me, end up it stressed me up even more. I was at my mum's company's outing yesterday at Aranda Country Club, located at Pasir Ris. First we had to undergo a dreadful train journey of 51 minutes, crammed in a two-people's compartment.

Ohoh, the fun begins when we started walking to the place. We were lost for visibly ten minutes before we found the location. Then the entire place was slowly swarmed with strangers, of different appearance and facial expressions. It's like small groups of 3-4 people congregate with each other to form a very large group indeed. People of different ages, sizes all together in one place.

I was there, the sentry of the night, guarding the toilet and the bags. Expected, but it's boring. I had my own devices, but still there was something lagging. I was online even at 3am!

Then, it was time to sleep in for the "morning", like 4+ am in the morning. People found places to sleep, arranged timing to bathe - needless to say, it was a messy affair and damn noisy. At 5am plus, i finally got to sleep.

But the truth is that the real horror of the day was the van ride from Pasir Ris to Woodlands. It took more than one hour. The entire van was filled with people. There was lack of oxygen. The air-conditioner was too weak, too little for so many people. Imagine being in the middle of it all. i felt headaches, had urges to vomit, was sweating like nobody's business (exaggeration, but still, yes, i'm convinced that all of my sodium chloride has came out from my body). I couldn't wait to get off. It felt like half of my life energy was sapped. I was even thinking along the lines of "if i could survive this, i will ...." etc etc. I almost fainted sitting in the cramped space. It was like "Thank God" when the van reached our destination.

After that, I felt like i'm a walking corpse, unable to balance. I practically huddled, no, crawled into the taxi with my mother. I really felt like i couldn't survive it. It's like waking up from a menacious nightmare which refused to let you go. I felt like vomiting, puking and all the yuck stuff. Right now i'm home, but i still feel dead tired. Save me.

Till the next time,
bye for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home