Thursday, October 29, 2009

I'm so disappointed in Wisma Atria's Food Republic.
After a terrifying bus trip to Orchard, I felt faint and wanted to vomit.
(I was eager to see what Ion Orchard was like)
Technically, any human mind would say, go and get something to drink/eat.
Let's not talk about the exorbitant prices of the 7 Eleven below Lucky Plaza, let’s discuss the awful meal I had. I went down to Wisma’s food republic, eager to taste whatever delicacies it offered.

To my extreme annoyance, the food sucked big time. The potato strips that you often see in hawker centres were not potato strips at all. They were what you call, mambo jumbo food. The potato strips were overcooked. Never mind that it was overcooked, the other ingredients used in the frying like the carrot strips and onion slices COVERED the potato strips. Usually, we don’t mind the appearance; we mind the taste, right?! Ha. It tasted worse than I could ever imagine. Worse taste I ever had.

The second “side dish” order I had was the tofu. Same as the potato strips, it was overcooked, SQUASHED and bits and pieces were missing. It was so soft until I didn’t feel like I chewed anything at all.

At this junction in time, all I was looking forward to was the chicken (in the curry), which was what I PRESUMED. Okay there was three pieces (your average serving, yes?) of chicken. One piece was partially cooked. The other pieces were cooked, BUT they felt like some plain cooked chicken dipped in curry chicken. If you tasted curry chicken before (like I do), you would know that what curry chicken means is chicken cooked/boiled in the curry for at least half an hour. It need not be cooked together with the curry, can be separated but at least it should be inside the curry when the curry is boiled.

Oh, let’s analyze the rice. Fried rice tasted like plain white rice with the addition of hotdog pieces and mixed vegetables. There was no seasoning/oil detected. And I wasted $3 on it. Crap.

The above together (fried rice + potato strips + tofu + curry chicken) = $6.50. Therefore, I felt like I just got conned out of my money. What a awful meal!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home